Every year, tens of thousands of Australians jointly lodge visa applications with their foreign partners.
It can be a stressful time. The complexity of the paperwork and the lengthy processing times – not to mention the costs – can put a lot of pressure on any relationship.
Depending on the relationship, you may apply for a Prospective Marriage, Spousal or Interdependent visa. What is 12-24 months processing time of the visa compared to being with your Australian partner for a lifetime?
For Offshore Applicants:
- Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
- Partner (Permanent) visa (subclass 100)
For Onshore Applicants
- Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 820)
- Partner (Permanent) visa (subclass 801)
Things you need to know before you apply for the visa:
- The length of your relationship really matters.
- If you are in a de facto relationship, it has to be genuine and ongoing for at least 12 months.
- Application process may take 12 to 24 months.
- Evidencing your genuine relationship is crucial
- Long distance relationship may be challenging to prove
- Character and health issues are at utmost importance.
- Immigration rules and regulations are extremely dynamic.
- Seek help when unsure.
If you are keen to apply for this type of visa, you may schedule an appointment by calling our hotline at +63 922 9714756. We will provide you professional advice with regards to your present circumstances.